Tuesday, February 17, 2009

POWER! :Tales from Writing for Media

Writing for the Media, I believe, could also be called "how to not b.s. people." We are learning to talk to people as if they are real people and not idiots and i know that this is the way it needs to be. Not that I didn't practice some of this before, but i did some times get caught up in this "soft language", because in some cases I do understand. Like my mom for instance, she has a legitimately licensed child care service, but i would necessarily insult her by calling her a "baby-sitter". She likes the term "Provider" which i think i very fare, because the thing you think about when you think about baby-sitter is a snotty teenager who might know c.p.r, and that's if your lucky. And I know im back tracking to last classes topic, but i thought about it a little more over the weekend and had to express my feelings, that may also be because she is my mom and I know how hard she worked to get where she is and i think she deserves more credit than the neighborhood baby sitter.

No comments: